Welcome to exclusive Grundy Chamber & ChamberMaster partnered content
Gebhard Woods Dulcimer and Traditional Music Festival
Name: Gebhard Woods Dulcimer and Traditional Music Festival
Date: June 9, 2019
Time: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM CDT
ANNUAL FESTIVAL FILLS MAIN STAGE WITH NATIONAL TALENT
30th Annual festival set for June 8 & 9 at Goold Park
MORRIS, IL, May 10, 2019 -- Goold Park in Morris, IL will be the location for this year’s 30th annual Gebhard Woods Dulcimer and Traditional Music Festival.
Hosted by Hammers and Noters Dulcimer Society of Illinois and held on June 8 & 9 featuring hourly performances from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. both days. Beautiful Goold Park is located across the street from Morris High School.
Featured national talent will include: Steve & Ruth Smith; Mike Anderson; Gary & Toni Sager; Butch Ross; House of Waters; Diane Ippel; The Lindseys; Phyllis Woods Brown; Marsha Harris, and Rick Thum. Renowned local talent will include: Harpist, Aislinn Gagliardi; Bill Robinson and Friends; and Ar Ais Aris. Performances feature both hammered dulcimer and mountain dulcimer in a wide variety of musical styles, from old-time to bluegrass to jazz to blues.
The festival also features:
- 75 workshops (all levels) led by more than 30 instructors in hammered and mountain dulcimer, ukulele, autoharp, guitar, banjo and other instruments (Schedules on our website)
- Open stage for those wishing to share their musical talents; participants must sign up in advance
- Master instrument builders and related vendors
- Supervised activities for children
- On-going jam sessions on site
- Food and beverages available
- Activities will also include a Dulcimer Old-Time Dance with caller Lynn Garren and live music by Bill Robinson and Friends on Saturday, June 8 at First United Methodist Church of Morris at 8:00 p.m.
visit our website at www.GebhardDulcimer.org
or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to grow your business?
Partner with the Grundy Chamber of Commerce and grow your business in your community